When you first create a project, you will need to generate an API key if you are using the Places API. Should you need additional API keys, and/or revoke an API key, you can do so from the General > Project Settings page.
To generate a new API key:
- From within your project, on the General > Project Settings page, in the API Keys section, click Generate API Key.
- In the Generate Additional API Key modal, give your new API key a nickname to help you identify it later.
- Click the Copy to Clipboard icon to save a copy of your key elsewhere .
- Click *Dismiss once your access token has safely been copied.
DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR API KEY
Key generation will be the only time you can view your API Key. As you will need it for authenticating against Foursquare APIs, you must keep it saved somewhere else. If you lose your API Key, you can always revoke it's access and create a new one.
Authenticating against the API is done by passing your API Key through an
Authorization: header parameter.
To revoke a currently in-use API Key:
- From within your project, on the General > Project Settings page, in the API Keys section, click on Revoke Access next to the token you wish to remove.
- In the Revoke Access modal, select whether or not you'd like us to Automatically generate a new API Key when the current one is revoked.
- Click Revoke API Key.
Updated 8 days ago